- This event has passed.
Laguna Vista Municipal Court Session
March 2 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
An event every month that begins at 3:00 pm on day First of the month, repeating indefinitely
An event every 3 months that begins at 3:00 pm on day Third of the month, repeating indefinitely
LAGUNA VISTA MUNICIPAL COURT
122 Fernandez Street – Laguna Vista, Texas 78578 ; (956) 943-1793
Office Hours: MONDAY – FRIDAY – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
COURT SESSIONS: 1st & 3rd WEDNESDAY 4 – 6 PM
If you received a citation you will need to enter a plea of Guilty, Nolo Contendre, or Not Guilty to the charge(s) against you. You may be able to require that a charge be dismissed by taking a Driving Safety Course (DSC). However, you will lose that right if you do not provide a written notice to the Court by your appearance date, (see instructions below).
DRIVER’S SAFETY COURSE (DSC) INSTRUCTIONS:
Send the following (items 2-5) by your appearance date to email@example.com:
(1) Meet the requirements: You must have a Texas driver’s license. You have not taken the class within the last 12 months. You were not speeding 25 mph or more over the speed limit.
(2) Submit the Reply Form (below) requesting the course
(3) Submit a money order or cashier’s check for $129.10
(4) Submit a copy of your proof of liability insurance
(5) Submit a copy of your valid Texas driver’s license.
(6) You must provide the court with your driving record, prior to taking the Driving Safety Course (DSC). You can order your driving record from the Texas DPS at www.txdps.state.tx.us or by calling (512) 424-2000. You can also pick up an order form (DR-1) at your local DPS Driver’s License office.
(7) Once you have completed the course you must submit your certificate of completion.
Commercial Driver’s License – Neither Driving Safety Course nor Deferred Disposition is available for Commercial Driver License Holders.
If you wish to enter a plea of Guilty or Nolo Contendre, please indicate below in the appropriate space provided. A plea of Nolo Contendre means that you do not contest the State’s charge(s) against you. Either plea indicates that you agree to waive your appearance before the court for trial.
You have the right to a trial by jury if you choose. If you wish to plead Not Guilty, you may be required to post an Appearance Bond. You will be notified by mail of the trial date.
The back of this letter indicates the amount of fine(s) and court costs. Make your money order or cashier’s check payable to Laguna Vista Municipal Court. Return the reply form section of this letter with your remittance to assure proper credit.
If you fail to respond to this charge by your appearance date shown on the citation, an additional charge of Violate Promise to Appear will be assessed , and a WARRANT will be issued for your arrest.
PERSONAL CHECKS WILL BE RETURNED. For Credit Card payments you may go online to www.lvtexas.us under municipal court department click online payments.
ALL JUVENILES, 16 YEARS OLD OR YOUNGER, MUST APPEAR WITH ONE PARENT BEFORE THE MUNICIPAL JUDGE. Payment of Fine CANNOT be made for juveniles.